Construction Cost Estimator version 1.3.1 introduces some great new features, along with iOS 6 compatibility. I’ve been receiving some excellent feedback from customers over the last few months, and I’ve tried very hard to prioritize the feature requests based on the relative demand. Here’s a summary of the new features since version 1.0:
• Terms and Conditions can be added to the bottom of the estimate
• You can add some project notes that can be hidden from the customer, but visible on internal reports
• You can display a discount below the estimate total
• The cost item totals and the estimate totals can be completely hidden in the reports. This is great for generating Bid Requests.
• You can also display the Quantity and Units independently of the Cost Breakdown now.
• The estimate date, and customer signature date can be edited
• Now you can enter the labor productivity in either Hours per Unit or Units per Hour
• Your logo is shown at a larger size on the reports
• The default text within the emails can be edited in the settings
• The app has a great new icon!
You can download the latest version by launching the App Store app on your iPhone or iPad, and then tapping on the Updates tab.
Construction Cost Estimator for Mac
Quite a few people have been requesting a version of Construction Cost Estimator for the Mac. I’m actually working on the Mac version right now, and it should be ready in about a month. If you’re interested in beta-testing the Mac version within the next few weeks, just send me an email and I’ll add you to my list of beta-testers. After that, I’ll be able to get back to adding new features to all of the apps.
Pricing and Availability
Construction Cost Estimator is designed to help contractors create professional on-site estimates and email them to the customer as a PDF. The customer can even add their signature to the estimate directly on the iPhone or iPad. Users in the U.S. and Canada may optionally install 3 different Craftsman Costbooks containing detailed cost breakdowns for over 30,000 common construction items.
You can get more detailed information at www.ConstructionCostEstimator.com.
Construction Cost Estimator is $19.99 for iPhone, and $29.99 for iPad, and it is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Business category. The Craftsman Costbooks are available as in-app purchases for $49.99 each.